Saturday 21 January 2012

Imperial Winter Series Race 9

Another very mild day but with a strong westerly wind today.  I am afraid that anyone coming here via the Imperial site hoping for a meaningful race report is going to be disappointed again.  I was not well enough to race last week (or indeed ride at all) due to the heaviest cold I have had for many years.  I was not really up to it this week either; that and the wind saw me dropped as the race blew apart 30 minutes or so in.  As I took a breather, I was passed (lapped) by a lead group, a chasing group and the remainder.  I hopped back onto the third group since I was there and badly need the training and because I never voluntarily abandon a race.  I understand the front two groups got together again and then 2 got away in the final stages.
The race felt, and was, safe this week.  No crashes and no close shaves.  The main thing, as always, is to remain upright.
Today brings home that I have a lot to do before the road racing season gets underway.  I hope to make it to the first of my local reliability rides tomorrow with that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment