Thursday 8 April 2010

Etape Preparation - 4 months to go

March was not a great month for my training.  I covered about 600 miles in around 40 hours on the bike.  My racing since the end of the Imperial Winter Series has been abysmal; I gave the Winter Series at Upavon Circuit a go and The Spring Chicken Road Race but was dropped both times.  The Oxonian 3up Team Time Trial was an interesting experience not least because the course around Brill is very hilly.  Of the three teams that showed up in the pouring rain we came third, not aided by my having to stop twice for a detached saddle bag and a dropped chain - still, good enough to get our time in Cycling Weekly!  My high point of the month was the Solihull CC Reliability Ride run in bright conditions but in a powerful north wind.
We all go through poor patches but I now definitely have some catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment