Saturday 3 March 2012

Finchley RT Magic homes Crits

Probably about 40 of us older guys showed up for the Masters Race at Hillingdon this afternoon. Haven't raced for 3 weeks; what a change 3 weeks makes. Temp 13 deg rather than 0 deg; racing clockwise, finish line hut gone; signs of something being constructed by the apron; daffodils out. Lovely sunshine but with a brisk southwesterly. Seemed fast to me (I left the Garmin at home so no stats today). Nobody there much more than 10 years younger than me but they could of course be any cat. and were no slouches. A very attacking race. Initially I tried to get involved but it did not take long to realise I did not have the legs for it and was just being left in no man's land. Things speeded up anyway and I was soon sat at the back with my usual friends. Hung on in there for an hour. A group of about 8 got away so our sprint was a bit muted and I stuck in the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment