Sunday 13 March 2011

Omega Circuits Mountbatten

I headed down, with a teammate to Portsmouth for this 3rd cat race. My first time here, and first time with any kind of banking. Odd to just fly into a corner and let gravity take you around.  There was a quite promising early break of 4 but that got reeled in, then a solo break got nowhere, then another break of around 5 went.  As soon as they came back the pace slowed and I went for my jaunt off the front. I thought maybe it was cunning to go up the bank and slingshot down again; this apparently caused merriment in the bunch and delayed the organisation of a chase until I had been out there for a few laps.  Then it was altogether for the last several laps and the bunch sprint with me on my teammate's wheel at the rear.
22.74 miles in 53:39. Average 25.4mph max 31mph
Saw ex-teammate Harry down there in the Elites' race and left him in a 3 man break which had a comfortable half lap over the field.  He always makes it look so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment