Saturday 15 January 2011

Imperial Winter Series Race 8 - Saturday 15th January

Photo Courtesy LondonCycleSport

Unseasonably mild at 12.5°C but with a very strong blustery south-westerly wind which caught me out early in the race.  I was on a wheel round a bend turning into the wind but a gap opened ahead and I just could not get by.  I and a few others were dropped, though I did struggle on to finish last.   So no meaningful stats or report from me this week.  Lessons must be learnt from such failures.

2 comments:

  1. Not related to this post, but your comment over at mine was held up in moderation. I've added you to the reader, and I hope I get a more satisfactory response than you did with your Driver. (What is it about BMWs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin,

    I don't know if you have heard, but a young, talented rider named Lewis Balyckyi (18) was tragically killed last night following a collision with a white transit van in Lancashire. In four weeks time, he was due to head out to Brittany to race for a semi-pro team. A number of my friends raced and worked with Lewis and as the accident occurred locally to myself, I feel a deep sense of shock.
    Although blame has not yet been apportioned, I feel this tragedy highlights the vulnerability of cyclists on British roads. I therefore thank you for your campaign for better road safety and hope that it may continue.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348879/Cycling-champion-Lewis-Balyckyi-18-tipped-Olympics-killed-horror-smash.html

    ReplyDelete