Sunday 31 January 2010

Etape preparation - January 2010. Six months to go.

Really struggling to get off the ground this year.  My plan for doing the Team Quest Reliability Ride today was upset by the weather.  With a very sharp frost and some ice on the roads I did not want to risk a repetition of my fall two weeks ago.  I did, however, venture out for my 3rd Thames Velo Club Run of the month instead.  The 5 Imperial Winter Series races I have done this month at Hillingdon should help with the top end stuff.  Add in a very little bit of commuting to London and I have managed just over 500 miles this month in 30.75 hours on the bike.  Should be easy to build up from that when the thaw comes and as I continue to recover from that spill.  For next month, I hope to get a couple of reliability rides in and, of course, the last two races of the winter series, before 5 days of bliss in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment