Friday 29 May 2009

A30 Crooked Billet to Clockhouse Roundabouts

This road forms the worst part of my commute. It is dual carriageway, 40mph limit, relatively light of traffic and theoretically good for cycling since there is plenty of roadspace to share. However I have had too many close encounters with drivers who just do not want to give the necessary room. I have raised my concerns with both the Highway Agency's agent, Mouchel, and Transport for London. I have now had sensible responses from both. However their focus for future improvement (should funds ever be available) is a cycle track. I would rather see speed limit enforcement, advance stop lines at the lights, traffic calming and education to motorists to give cyclists room and share the road with courtesy. I worry about the mentality of encouraging cyclists off the road and out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment